Membership and eligibility
• All children with Down’s Syndrome who live or are educated in the SN postcode
area are eligible to apply for a place in the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group’s
Speech and Language Therapy Group.
• Parents/carers will have been members of the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group
for a minimum of six months before their child is added to the waiting list.
• Spaces in the Speech and Language Therapy Group will be allocated from the
• It is expected that the parents/carers will attend the AGM of the Swindon Down’s
Syndrome Group and take an active part in the work of the group.
• There is an expectation that parents/carers will help with fundraising. This could
either be part of an organised group event or an individual event.
• If you have a query about the content of the sessions, group set-up, annual reviews
or assessments please leave contact the therapist.
• If you have any concerns or queries regarding your child’s statutory provision
please contact your child’s statutory speech therapist in the first instance and if you
are still concerned please contact the Head of Speech and Language Therapy.
• If you have any general comments or concerns about the Speech and Language
Therapy Group please contact either the Chair or Secretary of the Swindon Down’s
Syndrome Group or a member of the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group’s Speech
and Language Therapy committee.
You may download our eligibility requirements here.
For further information regarding Speech and Language therapy please contact
Kim West on 01793 538335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date for review: January 2014