• Parent/carers must make a commitment to attend every session offered to their child.
• Siblings should not attend the sessions.
• If a child is unable to attend the session please leave a message on the therapist’s mobile number (which you will be given when your child starts the Group).
• The parent/carer is responsible for their child whilst attending the Speech and
Language Therapy Groups.
• Adults are requested not to “chat” during the session unless it is part of the activity.
• Teaching Assistants attending the session are in a supernumerary role and are not
to take the place of the parent/carer.
• In exceptional circumstances if you have difficulty attending the Speech and
Language Therapy Group but you still wish to maintain your child’s place in the
Group e.g. due to long-term illness, please ensure you contact a member of the
committee of the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group’s Speech and Language
Therapy Group to discuss at the earliest opportunity.
• If a child misses two consecutive sessions without informing the Speech and
Language Therapist a letter will be sent to the parent/carer asking if the place is
still required. If no reply is received within two weeks the child’s place will be reallocated.
• Each member of the Speech and Language Therapy Group will be expected to take
their turn for tea/coffee making, washing-up and clearing away and providing the
snack for their Group on a half-termly basis.
• If you no longer require a place for your child in the Speech and Language Therapy
Group please write to the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group’s Speech and
Language Therapy Group’s secretary, [name?].
• Parents/carers must ensure that they inform the Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group
and the Speech and Language Therapist, in writing, of any changes to contact
You may download our rules of attendance here.
For further information regarding Speech and Language therapy please contact
Kim West on 01793 538335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date for review: January 2014