You may download our rules of attendance by clicking here.
- Parent/carers must make a commitment to attend every session offered to their child.
- Siblings should not attend the session.
- If a child is unable to attend the session please leave a message for the therapist at the Speech and Language Therapy Department's Office.
- The parent/carer is responsible for their child whilst attending the Speech and Language Therapy Groups.
- Adults are requested not to "chat" during the session unless it is part of the activity.
- Teaching Assistants attending the session are in a supernumerary role and are not to take the place of the parent/carer.
- In exceptional circumstances where there is difficulty in attending the Speech and Language Therapy Group but you still wish to maintain your child's place in the Group e.g long-term illness, please contact a member of the executive committee of the Swindon Down's Syndrome Group's Speech and Language Therapy Group to discuss.
- If a child misses 2 consecutive sessions without informing the Speech and Language Therapist a letter will be sent to the parent/carer asking if the place is still required. If no reply is received within 2 weeks the child's place will be re-allocated.
- Each member of the Speech and Language Therapy Group will be expected to take their turn for tea/coffee making, washing-up and clearing away and providing the snack for their Group on a half-termly basis.
- If you no longer require a place for your child in the Speech and Language Therapy Group please write to the Swindon Down's Syndrome Group's Speech and Language Therapy Group's secretary.
- Parents/carers must ensure that they inform the Swindon Down's Syndrome Group and the Speech and Language Therapist, in writing, of any changes to contact details.
Date for review-January 2010